Monday, January 21, 2013

Been A Hot Minute!

Hey guys! Sorry it's been a bit since I wrote my first post. (7 whole days *gasp*) I had all intentions of writing every day but for the past week I've had absolutely no time! With the big move coming up and my online classes starting I've been terribly busy!
So, let me catch you up on what has been going on. R informed me a couple days ago that Little Man's aunt passed away on his mother's side. We both feel absolutely awful for the poor little guy, as well as for his family during this hard time. Due to this tragic event, Little Man took a trip back home with his mom early and will be returning to Hawaii with R and I at the end of the summer. Poor R is heart broken that Little Man had to leave early, but what can we do?

In lighter news, this past weekend I started to pack for Hawaii. I know, I know; I still have 45 days to go. Yes I am counting down, if you'd like to know the exact minutes and seconds left I will gladly share that with you from my countdown ;-) Hawaii is a BIG move though guys, although I really don't have that much stuff it takes a lot to go into this kind of move. To make my suitcases a tad bit lighter I went through my closet this weekend. I ended up donating two garbage bags full of clothes to our local donation bin. It's sad to say that half of the clothes I donated were only worn once or twice. Hopefully someone else will get lots of use out of them! I will probably end up going through my closet once more before I leave to weed through some more clothes. I've vowed that if I do not wear it in the 45 days I have left here then it is going! I am still trying to decide whether to get rid of my winter clothes or not. There is no winter in Hawaii and we will be there for a couple more years, and then I am crossing my fingers for someplace warm again next! If anyone has advice on what I should be bringing please feel free to leave a comment!!

One last thing I'd like to share is that it is almost mine and R's birthdays! His birthday is 3 days before mine (plus a couple years) and I searched all over Pinterest for the best gift ideas. Now, I don't know about your significant others, but mine has this weird obsession with the Joker. Yes that evil villain from batman. I've teased him many times about how he is supposed to like the super heroes not the bad guys. I guess I'll never understand what goes through a man's brain though. He roots for batman throughout the whole movie but has this secret obsession about the Joker. To my woman brain that just makes no sense! How can you love the bad guy, yet want him to lose the fight? It's almost as baffling as the question, "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?" The world may never know ;-) BUT, that did have a point, because R loves the Joker I decided to have a try at Mod Podge for the first time! And let me tell you, I think it turned out pretty awesome! I picked up tile drink coasters from the dollar store and Mod Podge'd pictures of the Joker onto them. My next post will be pictures of all of them together with a little tutorial on how to make them for anyone who is curious!

If anyone wants to follow me on Pinterest I made one special just for this blog! Search Pearls and Combat Boots or just click here for my pinterest! I don't have much on there just yet, but give me a couple days! ;-)

Who else is a February baby out there, and what are your gift ideas for your significant others for their birthday/valentines day? I'd love to know!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you. :-) I'm an Aquarius too. Happy Birthday to you and your mate! Thanks for joining the Tuesday Friend & Follow Hop. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took me a bit to answer you! It's very nice to meet you as well :) Thanks so much for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete